Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Artisan Project #6

This card took FOR-EV-ER to cut out. But, I was grateful that I liked the result. (Sometimes that doesn't happen, ya know. You work and work and think "This is gonna be so cute!" and then it turns out ugly as sin. Ah, the creative process) I wanted this to look like a little posey of flowers and I think it comes across that way. I took a floral design class in college and a chapter we studied was about vintage posey holders. I always wanted to make one, but alas it never came to be. Maybe because I never had a reason to. I digress...

The card was made with Doodle This stamp set and another greeting set that I can't find the name of. I also used vanilla hardware and pretties kit (pearl) and kraft taffeta ribbon. The card stock colors are vanilla, blush blossom, close to cocoa, and sage shadow. Ink was sage shadow, blush blossom, and close to cocoa.

This has to be one of my favorite color combinations. It's so soft.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Laurin West said...

Hey Mandy! Your card is beautiful. I just want to know who you are going to give it to. I think it needs to go in a frame of something. It is for sure my favorite of yours. Kudos to you and all your hard work. You are amazing.