Monday, August 10, 2009

Excited for the simple things.

About 4-5 months ago I started making projects for Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Award. They give it to 10 demonstrators each year. Hundreds enter. I did not win, but I was so surprised when I saw a few of my project entries on display at Stampin' Up!'s Convention sample boards. I wasn't at convention, but someone at Stampin' Addicts (photo HERE) published pictures of the boards. I about died when I saw them! Part of the reason I am so happy is because the first scrapbook page I saw, was one I did of my sweet niece ElvisAnn, and it was my favorite picture. The picture below is the one I took just before I sent them out.



Now, I'll be the first to tell you that there a hundreds, hundreds of cards and projects on display at Convention. But to see a piece that you put your heart and soul into was very exciting.

This was a 6x6 inch scrapbook page. I used Pink Pirouette (retired) for the background paper as well as whisper white and real red, very vanilla, basic black card stock. The stamp sets I used were Sock Monkey, Sock Monkey Accessories, Priceless, Snow Swirled, and a small alphabet set that is retired now as well. I borrowed some of my mom's sets so I'm not sure if the names are exactly correct. "ElvisAnn" is in chipboard letters that were painted in So Saffron ink and then emobssed with glitter embossing powder. I used the black and white gingham ribbon. I pulled the center part of the ribbon so it ruffled. I also used circle punches and the scallop border punch.

I'll put more of my Artisan Project entries on this blog each day.

1 comment:

Amber said...

SockMonkeys!!! I love them :)