Saturday, August 15, 2009

Artisan Project #5

This was one of my 3D Items. I used die cuts from Build-A-Fairytale (now retired from Stampin' Up!) I saw this cute box and had the idea to make a travel case for a little girl. I just love how it turned out. I think I could have put more bling on the front, but it did have rhinestones along the handle. I used the negative of the large princess and traced another onto pretty in pink cardstock. Then after I cut it out I stamped some swirls from "Doodle This" stamp set to her dress, adding glitter too. I colored the Chipboard letters with white craft ink and then embossed them with glitter embossing powder. Old Olive ribbon was on the front as well.

I took each piece and added a magnet to the back of it so it would stick to the metal plate on the inside. I also added glitter to many of the pieces with a glue pen. I used the Pretties Kit to add pearls and such. It was a very girly project. (Being that my home is full of boys, it was nice. )Ribbon holds the box lid from falling backward.

I lined the inside bottom and then attached more strips of magnets to the sides and metal to the bottom to hold the pieces that are not being used.

I should have taken a better picture of the handle because I glued so saffron ribbon to it and then added the brad rhinestones from the Pretties Kit (covering the backs of the brads with the ribbon as well). It turned out so cute, I hated to send it away.

So many supplies, but I tried to mention them above. Let me know if you have any questions.
The colors were Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Mellow Moss, Taken with Teal, and Old Olive.
Thanks for Looking!

2 comments:

Di said...

OH my goodness it turned out so cute! I want that for my girls. Want to make another one? :) I have thought about calling you all week, but for some reason every time I think of it It's usually too early to call. I'm sorry. I will talk to you soon though. I miss you all the time!

Amber said...

that is awesome!!! Miranda would so love one of those.