Thursday, August 13, 2009

Artisan Project #4

This was also a fun card to make, once I figured out a few details. The worms are actually a part of the frame. I drew a frame in light pencil and then stamped the worms. I cut out the frame using my hobby blade and ruler. Not too bad, but it just took a little bit of patience. I love these greens together. I stamped the cupcake a few times onto different card stock to get the layers I wanted and to make room for the inside worm, see below.




I knew this was a cute card when I showed it to my 5 year old and he said... "Oh, gross!" with a smile on his face. He liked the worm coming out of the cupcake and asked that this be his birthday card. What a sweetie. I can always count on my little guy to give me compliments.

I used the window sheets for the front of the card, behind the worm frame, as well as the mechanism to bring the worm in and out from the cupcake as you open and close the card. I used the crystal effects on the red sprinkles.

Stamps- Bugs and Kisses, crazy for cupcakes
Paper- Real Red, Whisper White, Green Galore
Ink- Real Red, green Galore, Gable Green, Glorious Green, summer sun, black staz-on
Accessories- Window Sheets, White grosgrain ribbon, sticky tape, scallop punch, ruler and hobby knife, dimensionals, crystal effects

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

tami said...

Mandy this is so great! I love it. You are truly a master at this. :)