Monday, May 25, 2009

Daddy Countdown

My girlfriend's husband has just deployed to Afganistan. She let me make this for her son as she wanted some kind of countdown. I really like the way it turned out. There is a small clothespin just under and to the right of "daddy" for a picture.

(I finished the countdown and showed it to my husband, he said that it was too bad there wasn't room for a picture. Usually when he makes a comment about my cards and projects I smile and say "Yeah, well, I like it this way. Thanks though." Often his comments are about color choice or use of ribbon and hardware. But, the more I looked at my countdown the more I realized he was right!!!! So I pulled off a star and added the clothespin. And thanks be given to my husband, because I think it makes the piece perfect.) I hope my friend likes it as well.








This is the back of the countdown. I used the ends of coin envelopes to hold the numbers. This was the easiest way I could think of to keep everything organized and in one place. Hopefully it works out.



Thanks for stopping by. Let me know if you have any questions.

:o)

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Mandy,
This is so cute. What a great idea. I hope she likes it too, but I am sure she will. Look forward to seeing you. Love, Mom