Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stampin' Up! Regional Swaps

On the 21st I went with my mother to a Stampin' Up! Regional Seminar. It was great. Lots of ideas and wonderful swaps. Below are the 3 items my mother and I brought to share. We took 40 of each item, traded them with other attendees, and came home with some amazing cards.
I'll post some of my favorites this week.

3D item: Egg and Lollipop Flower
To make the egg and lollipop. Cut out 2 ovals the same size, one in Kraft and one in acetate. Cut the top of the acetate egg so it looks like a broken egg. Sew the two ovals together with a sewing machine. I stamped in white craft ink and embossed the image using clear embossing powder and a heat tool. The lollipop is covered with a scallop and circle punches to imitate a flower. I cut the green strips with my table top trimmer and then crinkled them in my hands. Stuff the green paper strips and the lollipop in the egg. Lastly, add the small flowers to the front of the embossed image.

Supplies (All SU!) Stamps- Priceless; Ink- Whisper White craft, barely banana classic(some lollipops had cameo coral centers); Paper- Kraft, Garden Green, Cameo Coral, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Cameo Coral, acetate; Accessories- clear embossing powder, heat tool, scallop punch, paper piercer, trio flower punch, 1-1/4 circle punch, sewing machine and white thread.


Hippo Card
Supplies (All Stampin' Up!): Stamps- Pun Fun, Polka Dots (on the SU! dormant list available until June 30th); Paper- Basic Gray, Pixie Pink, Very Vanilla, Kraft; Ink- Basic Gray, Close to Cocoa; Accessories- Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Glue Pen, Pixie Pink Marker, Aqua painter, Kraft Taffeta ribbon.



Skunk Card
Supplies (All SU!): Stamps- Pun Fun, Doodle This; Paper- Pixie Pink, Basic Black, Whisper White; Ink- Jet Black Staz-on, Whisper White Craft, Pixie Pink; Accessories- Pixie Pink marker, Summer Sun Marker, Always Artichoke Marker, White Gel Pen, Photo Corner Punch, craft knife.

The regional was so much fun and spending that time with my mom was even better. We made 6 projects which I'll post this week. Every one from SU! was great and had so many fun things to demonstrate. It made me really excited to come home and stamp.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

It was really fun, Mandy to go with you. I had fun seeing all the different things you can do and how easy it is. I am so glad we can get ideas from so many creative people. Thanks for taking me. I had a great time at the convention and with your family! Happy Stampin!!!