Friday, January 2, 2009

Valentine Candy Heart Box and One More Journal

I made this valentine's candy box for a Stampin' Up! contest, they hold several monthly. I didn't win :o( but that's ok. I love this box anyway, it looks so cute with candy kisses inside. I came up with a template and had a lot of fun decorating it with some new die cut flowers from sizzix. When I saw that SU! wanted Valentine's Day projects, my first thought was to make a candy heart box. The small scallop circle card came at the end. It is one of my favorite parts of this project. The small envelope came from the Mini Envelope Template. I hope you like it. It was truly a labor of love. I used the 1/2" circle punch to create the white border on the top of the box.


The small hearts are cut from the trio flower punch.


Supplies: All SU!- Big Deal Alphabet and Happy Everything stamp sets; Pink Pirouette(textured and regular), Riding Hood Red(textured and regular), Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Kraft Papers; Black craft ink, Riding Hood Red classic ink; Kraft taffeta ribbon, linen thread; Scallop Circle, trio flower, 1/2" circle, 1-3/8" circle punches; Birds and Blooms Sizzlits Die 4-pack.


I sell my Journals at a store here in Kailua called Under a Hula Moon. Bonnie, the owner is so nice, you feel like you are family when you walk in. She mentioned the need for a sign-in book for memorial services and I really struggled with it. I saved it for last because I wanted it to be perfect. I really like the way it finally came together. The lei is exactly what I wanted it to be and the new In-color from SU!, Baja Breeze, was perfect with the So Saffron, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive. When I visited with Bonnie a week later, this book was the first one to be sold. I'm not glad someone needed it, but more pleased that it could be used to remember a loved one. I kept thinking as I was making it, "What would I want if I lost someone I loved here?" Somehow my hands were able to make what my heart wanted to express.
Supplies: All SU! Typeset Alphabet and Beautiful Batik stamp sets; So Saffron, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Whisper White papers and ink; Trio Flower punch, 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon; Lined thread; corner rounder; Old Olive brads; Bind-It-All


1 comment:

Tara said...

OK, I can't believe your V-Day box didn't win - it is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing how you made it - I love it and plan to (try to) CASE it!