Saturday, January 17, 2009

Basket of Berries

I saw this absolutely fabulous basket on Laura Canale's Blog, "Wish you were here." Check out her tutorial for this basket here. I added some strawberries that I saw on SCS, by Sunshineb8s here. I had previously downloaded the template for one of these berries and my template said Sherry Brickley. Sunshineb8s has the link to the templates as well if you click on the above link to her card on SCS.

I have a friend whose birthday is this month so I think I'll fill these little berries up with some candy and give it to her. I just love the basket. It took me a bit of manuvering to get the small strips on the bottom to turn out just right, but it finally did. The only thing that took long was sponging the edges of the strips, but I'm glad I did. I think it really made a difference.



Supplies: DP-Olive Persian Flower from Chatter Box, Red, brown and Green Paper from somewhere :o), Apple Green 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. swiss dots embossing folder for cuttlebug,
white large brads, and some ribbon from a present :o) (yes, I save ribbon from gifts given to me, but it looks great with this paper. Who cares if I've had it for 2 years!)
Thanks for stopping by! Have a nice holiday weekend.

1 comment:

Rosie Lilya said...

Gorgeous! You are right- inking the edges really makes it stand out- your friend is going to love it!