Friday, November 9, 2007

Baby Announcement

So this is the announcement for my little guy. I was so excited about it that I finished them (except for the picture and tabs inside) at least a month before he was born. Which I'm grateful for because there was SO much stamping (backgrounds, coloring--- what was I thinking?--- It's obvious I only had one child at the time). :o)


Unless I get super excited about the next one I will probably just send a mass e-mail instead of a card. So if you really want to see my work, you'd better pray for a girl, that's the only way I will spend the time to make a darn, stinkin' cute card!!


I'm kidding, I'll probably do it again. And you know why? Because just like we forget, over time, the pain of labor and delivery (heaven only knows how that happens) I will forget the hours and hours and hours I put into making this one card celebrating my little one's life. But it sure will look cute in his baby book!!


I saw this file folder style card on SCS.


I typed up his measurements and printed them on the white paper (seen below)

Stamps: Buggies and Booties, Weathered BKG, Linen BKG, So Many Sayings, Fancy Flexible Phrases


Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Naturals White, Stazon Black, going grey (for stork)


Paper: Same


Accessories: Blue Bayou stitched ribbon, Aquapainters, Window punch, scalloped punch, 1-3/8 circle punch, tab punch, corner rounder(ahh the corner punch-so much fun!)

2 comments:

Tami said...

You realize, of course, that by saying "unless I get super excited by the next one," you're doomed. Now you HAVE to make cute announcements for the next one or he'll hold it over you forever!

That, or just delete this post. Either way.

calligraphybymandy@hotmail.com said...

Darn it!

Delete? Stamp? Delete? Stamp?
What am I saying!? Is there really a choice here? I guess I am doomed to stamp each announcement.