Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Peaceful Flowers


I am making these for a convention my friend is speaking at.

I got the butterfly idea from barefootstamper.com

To make the butterfly I stamped it twice and then glued them back to back, cut them to match better, and finally used my Rose Red marker to color the edges. I then used a glue dot to hold the butterfly securely to the flower. I have been wanting to use this flower for a while now, and I like how it turned out. I used my markers for the flowers, to give them a two-toned effect.


Stamps- Happy Harmony, Wonderful Words II

Paper- Very Vanilla, Barely Banana

Ink- Brocade Blue, Rose Red, Regal Rose

Markers- Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue

Accessories- Hodgepodge Hardware Pewter, Corner Rounder to make scallops, distressing tool from Cutter Kit

Celery grosgrain ribbon

3 comments:

Tami said...

so cute, Mandy!! I'm totally copying this.

Diana said...

Tami... are you blogging? Send me your blog sister, because I can't find it. Mandy, the card is very cute and I still really like the pop of color in the butterfly. I had my sister look at it too and she said she thought it would be great for the occasion.

Tami said...

sorry, Di, I don't blog. Maybe I should. I love reading yours, though, and congrats for all the success you're having with card clubs!. . .maybe I should post that on your blog and not Mandy's :)